Job Title: Chefs
Location: EDF Cannington
Are you ready to be part of something great and be at the heart of a people first organisation who are passionate about providing great service to our customers in a fun and sociable way which works for you!
Why choose Aramark?
Here at Aramark we want to give you a taste of something different! We use a variety of resources to offer an amazing dining experiences that delight our customers, deliver success for our clients, and empower people to lead healthier lives every single day. We work across sectors including Defence and Judicial, Education and Health, Business and Industry as well as Global Accounts.
Our culinary and operations teams ensure that we deliver a food offer that enriches and nourishes the lives of our customers every day. To find out more visit our food services page at Food & Hospitality| Services | Aramark.
As a recognised employer, the well-being of our employees is the most important aspect of who we are. That’s why we make everyday efforts to give them opportunities and benefits that support their careers and lifestyles.
We are always looking for talented people as we continue to strengthen and grow our team. With an emphasis on career development, we take great pride in promoting from within to ensure everyone has the chance to grow and develop across the organisation.
Our vision is to be the most admired employer and trusted hospitality partner, and our people are what help us deliver our mission! Our values simple and effective and will be part of everything we do:
- We do everything with integrity
- We deliver on our commitments
- We respect diversity and appreciate differences
- We’re passionate about everything we do
We offer a safe working environment for all of our employees, clients and customers and have further enhanced our commitment to safety since the start of the Covid pandemic and we are now excited to welcome our customers back to our business and are well organised to be ready for when they are!
We are currently recruiting for General assistants at EDF Cannington Court, www.canningtoncourt.co.uk
The key duties of this role will be part of a great team constantly striving to deliver service excellence here at EDFs dedicated training facility
- Preparation and cooking of food to Aramark standard
- Menu production following all companies SOPs, due diligence process to the required standards
- Menu execution to be carried out to the contracted and companies requirements and standards
- Efficient utilisation of materials, food and equipment
- Maintain personal hygiene, appearance and uniform to Aramark standard
- Report equipment defects to the Catering Manager and initiate repairs as required
- Monitor the food waste and take appropriate action if excessive
- Full compliance with Aramark on-line menu production systems (OpX)
- Ensure adherence to standardised recipes as approved by line manager
- Hygiene of the kitchen and the kitchen equipment to Aramark standards
- Obtain accurate numbers to be catered for daily
- Allocate duties to kitchen staff as required with full responsibility for the shift with which duty commenced
- Requisition of supplies (including non-perishable and green grocery) when necessary and ensure proper stock rotation
- Check the quality and quantity of food during delivery, preparation, and service
- Investigate complaints in respect of the catering service and take corrective action
- Deal with minor customer-related complaints in the prescribed manner, bringing them to the attention of the line manager
- Offer suggestions to line manager regarding the improvement of the catering service, e.g. menu planning, methods used, etc.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the catering department
- Previous experience in a food service environment
- Previous experience in a commercial run business
- NVQ 1 & NVQ 2 minimum, current food safety qualifications
- Basic IT skills
- Ability to work with a centrally produced menu offer
- An innovative approach to menu design with strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and the ability to innovate
£13 per hour, 40 hour working week, 32 hours considered
As we all working as part of a great team, you will enjoy some great benefits including:
- A thorough induction and onboarding process
- Generous annual leave that increases in line with service
- Life assurance
- Varied working environment with flexible working patterns
- Access to an employee benefit scheme that offers discounts across hundreds of retail and leisure providers
- Health, wellbeing and financial support through our Employee Assistance Programme and in-house Mental Health Champions
- Special leave benefits including a day off for moving to a new house, volunteering, parental leave and much more!
- Employee reward and recognition initiatives such as spot awards/ scratch cards and employee of the month competitions
- Access to monthly Enrichment information and competitions
- Access to onsite training and e-learning resources to support continuous development